Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Make It Monday #137

This is my take for this week's Make It Monday Challenge from Papertrey ink.  I love how Melissa Phillips made her fall card.  I followed her card base design and made it into a Christmas card instead of a Fall card.  Instead of fall leaves, I die cut  a damask snowflake die on a cream felt and used spray adhesive and added fine glitter to the snowflake.  This was the first time I used glitter and felt and it looked good!  Added few leaves from the Holly Jolly Die collection, a bell and few small Christmas balls and of course, the Hands of Time die completes the center.  I added the sentiment from Love Lives Here: Holiday stamp set and another leaf from the holly Jolly collection and a red button.  I did stamp the back of the vellum with snowflakes but it does not seem to appear in the picture.  I sure love this card design by Melissa and I think I will reproduce this card for my holiday cards for this season.  Hope you like it!!!

4 comments:

  1. Be aware, glitter and felt are addicting! A beautiful card. I love the felt snowflake, and those gorgeous red clock hands

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how beautiful is that felt and glittery wreath! Love the Hands of Time used this way too~that set is moving up on my wish list ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those red clock hands look amazing against the glittery snowflake. This is a lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely love the snowflake wreath you made with the Christmas balls in the middle. This is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete